Module Convenor: Professor Anne Gerritsen
Lectures take place on Wednesdays during term time, from 11 to 12, in S0.21
Seminars are taken by Dr Chen Song-chuan and Mr Sander Molenaar.
Office hours are as follows:
- Anne Gerritsen: Mondays 2-3 and Tuesdays 2-3 in H0.18.
- Chen Song-chuan: Tuesdays 14:30-15:30; Thursdays 12:00-13:00 in H0.15
- Sander Molenaar: Wednesdays from 12:00-13:00 in H0.10.
This 30 CATS first-year undergraduate option module aims:
- To familiarize students with the history of one of the great early modern empires
- To help students to understand the history of the Chinese empire through a variety of disciplinary approaches, including literature, anthropology, art, material culture and food
- To help students see how the history of China forms part of a globally connected world
- To bring new scholarship into the discussions and debates about the Chinese empire