French (Teaching Fellow)
Fourth Floor, Faculty of Arts Building
Email: magali dot toscan at warwick dot ac dot uk
BA, MA, PGCE
I studied French literature at the University of Aix-Marseille, Faculté de Lettres modernes, earning a BA, Licence ès Lettres.
My interest in 18th century literature in a comparative perspective, led me to take a MA in English literature (University of Aix-Marseille, University of Oxford). My MA thesis focused on narrative structures and philosophical debates in Sterne and Diderot. I have since linked the fields of narratology and translation studies when reflecting upon “manipulations” in translations; the translator being the writer of a new text for readers of the target text.
I completed my PGCE at the University of Warwick and taught for three years in Secondary education before joining the Language Centre where I am Teaching Fellow in French.
I teach the module LL209 French 5.
I am module leader for the following modules:
- LL113 French 1
- LL234 French 2
- LL236 French 3
- LL297 French through Translation
- LL307 French Language for Contemporary France
- Coordinator for the Long Life Learning programme in French
Recent and ongoing Projects
- Telecollaboration with the Université Clermont-Auvergne to foster our students’ language skills and intercultural awareness (2010-present)
- Telecollaboration to prepare our students for job interviews in French (2016-present)
- Language Learning Frameworks Project (2016-present)
- Development of an online Beginners Business French course as part of the Monash Warwick Alliance (2015-2016)
- Employability & transferable skills
- Task-based teaching and learning
- Language for specific purposes
- Learning design – online teaching and learning
- Language assessment design
- MA in English
- BA in French
- PGCE in Modern Foreign Languages
Please edit this placeholder text