This module provides a clear, theoretical understanding of the interface between hormonal changes and the psychological aspects of women’s health.
It is an independent module for medical and other professionals who want to undertake a short course in this subject but do not wish to embark upon the full MSc course.
- Acquire an appreciation of the influence of endocrine problems on the psychological well-being of women
- Appreciate the importance of research in the area and how it can be applied to formulate best practice.
- Reproductive endocrinology
- Basic psychoneuro-endocrinology
- Psychosomatic disorders - aetiology
- the chronic ‘somatiser’
- Pre-menstrual syndromes
- Menstrual disorders
- Sexual differences - assessment and management
- The different approaches to sexual counselling
- Hormones and libido
- Improving the emotional aspects of women’s health care