Gabriele is a computational scientist, chiefly interested in the physical chemistry of condensed matter, from supercooled liquids to biological interfaces. His vision is to understand the chemistry, the functional properties, and the phase transitions of different classes of systems, from metallic glasses to cellular membranes.
His approach consists of performing fundamental research using computer simulations, aimed at rationalising, complement, and guide experiments and applications.
Groups at Warwick
- Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- MSc in Materials Science, University of Milano-Bicocca (IT), 2009
- PhD in Nanostructures and Nanotechnologies, University of Milano-Bicocca (IT), 2012
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, ETH Zurich, 2012 - 2014
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, UCL, 2014 - 2017
- Assistant Professor in Computational Physical Chemistry, Warwick, 2017 - present