Associate Professor & Director of Postgraduate Certificate in Transferable Skills in Science
Phone: 024 765 22795
I am an experienced teacher of statistics to biologists and its associated challenges, and infectious disease epidemiology including modelling. Having led the provision of finalist research projects for many years, I have a keen interest in undergraduate research through the provision of true scientific research projects by finalist students as opposed to narrative dissertations.
Research Interests and Other Activities
My recent research interest has been in assisted reproductive technology (ART), specifically the investigation of morphokinetics on both single and double embryo transfer, in collaboration with Professor Geraldine Hartshorne (Warwick Medical School).
My experience in university teaching management has led to the dual interests of evidence-based pedagogical change and the dissemination of practice, and academic governance for the development of our provision for fairer decision making for students.
Graduate transferable skills are higher on the priority list than ever. As Director of the Postgraduate Certificate in Transferable Skills in Science, my focus is on providing PhD graduates from across the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Medicine with skills to help them transition into their post-doctoral career and make them outstanding candidates for those careers. At undergraduate level, I developed a new strategy for practical laboratory assessments at SLS keeping us contemporary with the demands of employers as seen through our accreditors, the Royal Society of Biology.
- 2021 – present Associate Professor, University of Warwick
- 2019 – 2021 Senior Teaching Fellow, University of Warwick
- 2015 – 2019 Teaching Fellow, University of Warwick
- 2014 – 2015 Research Fellow, University of Warwick
Warwick Teaching roles
- 2023 - Director of Postgraduate Certificate in Transferable Skills in Science
- 2021-2023 Director of Undergraduate Studies, School of Life Sciences
- 2018-2021 Associate Director of Undergraduate Studies, School of Life Sciences
- 2016-2017 Senior Tutor, School of Life Sciences
- 2010 – 2014 PhD Epidemiology, University of Warwick
- 2006 – 2010 BSc (Hons) Mathematics, Nottingham Trent University