Join SLS as an Independent Research Fellow
The School of Life Sciences (SLS) welcomes exceptional candidates with strong research track records to join our world-class, multidisciplinary research environment. Your Fellowship goals and research vision will be enhanced through our vibrant cross-cutting Research Themes, top quality research facilities / research centres, and opportunities for interdisciplinary collaborations across the biological, medical, mathematics, engineering and physical sciences.
The University of Warwick offers an excellent and supportive environment for young research scientists. We are ranked in the top ten UK universities and were 7th overall for research quality with more than 80% of our research was rated as 'world leading or internationally excellent' in REF2014. Interdisciplinary research is valued highly and promoted through our cross-university Global Research Priorities. We pride ourselves on our initiatives to train, mentor and promote early stage career scientists, and the University is committed to the further development of SLS, including the new £54.3M Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research Building (IBRB) which will provide additional state-of-the-art research space for our world-leading scientists.
We host many early career Fellows, helping them all build successful independent careers.
We will provide strong support for outstanding candidates to suceed in external fellowship schemes by:
- Identifying appropriate funding schemes
- Giving advice on your CV, highlighting areas of strength and discussing how to improve other areas
- Arranging a visit to SLS to meet our academics to help you develop ideas for collaborations
- Preparing feedback on your Fellowship applications (strategic/scientific feedback, costing etc.)
- Providing links to previous award winners where possible, and setting up mock Fellowship interviews
- Providing mentoring and support during your Fellowship
(please be aware that this is not an internal funding available)
Fellowship schemes are listed, with deadlines (please always check the original website for the latest information).
If you are interested in joining us as an independent Fellow or have any queries, please contact the Research Strategy Development Officer K dot Rathbone dot 1 at warwick dot ac dot uk