Our research is exciting, highly interdisciplinary bioscience ranging from molecular through cellular to the organism level, and spans bacteria, viruses, fungi, protists, animals and plants. Studying this diversity allows us to identify common principles that operate across the breadth of living systems and investigate solutions to major global challenges. Research is supported by cutting-edge computational and experimental technologies.
We lead internationally renowned research centres at Warwick and contribute to the University’s Global Research Priorities for cross-disciplinary research.
More than 80% of research in the School was rated as ‘world leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ in REF2014
- Warwick Antimicrobial Interdisciplinary Centre (WAMIC)
- Warwick Crop Centre (WCC)
- Warwick Centre for Industrial Biotechnology and Biorefining (WCIBB)
- Warwick Environmental Systems Interdisciplinary Centre (WESIC)
- Warwick Integrative Synthetic Biology Centre (WISB)
- Zeeman Institute for Systems Biology & Infectious Disease Epidemiology Research (SBIDER)
- Imaging Suite
- Medicines Discovery Catapult
- Research Trials (Field and Glasshouse)
- Bat Genotyping