PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT ACTIVITIES:
The Frenguelli lab is keen to engage with the public on the research that we do and in sharing our science with school and college students.
Below are some examples of the activities we have been involved in.
- Pint of Science webinar on Drugs in Society
- Elephantastic Event at Earlsdon Library
- Amazing Brain Event at the Herbert Museum, CoventryLink opens in a new window
- Brain Awareness in Leamington Spa Museum
- Talk on cognitive enhancement to school students at Think Science Conference, Warwick
- Video interview on film depictions of cognitive enhancement for IGGY (A Review on IGGY)
- Meet Brain Boffins down the pub - public engagement event as part of Brain Awareness Week
- Meetings with fundraisers for Alzheimer's disease, epilepsy and life science research.
- Comment on the possibility of head transplants in Newsweek
- Hosting of laboratory work experience for school students
- Careers talk to A-level students at local secondary school
- Talks to Yr 10 and Yr 12 science students at local secondary school
- Talk to Yr 12 Students of Teach First Schools, University of Warwick
- Organised Shakespeare on the Brain event at Warwick University
- Speaker, Shakespeare meets Science event, University of Warwick
- Speaker, Aim Higher Schools’ event: Science meets Shakespeare, University of Warwick
- Chair, British Science Festival/British Neuroscience Association event on emotions and the brain
- Organised podcast and cognitive enhancers events with Professor Gary Lynch at the University of Warwick & Dana Centre, London
- Kevin Moffat speaking on our collaboration on BBC Radio 4 Material World programme