The number theorists at Warwick work in a variety of areas, including:
- Diophantine equations
- Rational points on elliptic curves, curves of higher genus, and surfaces
- Modular forms, including their application to Diophantine equations
- Hilbert and Bianchi modular forms
- Galois module structures
- Analytic and probabilistic number theory
- Computational number theory.
- Francesco Broggi (Testa)
- Marco Caselli (Cremona)
- Alex Torzewski (Bartel)
- George Turcas (Siksek)
- Alessandro Arlandini (Loeffler)
- Mattia Sanna (Cremona)
- Josha Box (Siksek)
Seminar activities are numerous and include a wide range from informal learning groups to more formal seminars. The Number Theory Seminar meets on Monday afternoons. There is a weekly informal group meeting which meets on Tuesday afternoons. For a complete overview of all activities in the group, see the list or the calendar.
A list of former staff and graduate student members of the number theory group can be found here.