I completed my Ph.D. under the supervision of Prof. C. V. Tomy and Prof. A. K. Grover from the Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India. During my Ph.D. I worked extensively on the vortex phase diagram of some low Tc superconducting compounds via detailed magnetization and electrical resistivity measurements. I have published four papers and have attended ten conferences on Condensed Matter Physics.
Currently, I am a Post Doctoral Research Fellow working in the Department of Physics, University of Warwick under the supervision of Prof. Geetha Balakrishnan in the Superconductivity and Magnetism group. I am an experimentalist working on permanent magnets. My research interests include single crystal growth of superconductors and magnetic materials and their magnetic and transport characterizations.
1. Santosh Kumar, Ravi P. Singh, A. Thamizhavel, C. V. Tomy and A. K. Grover, Dual role of an ac driving force and the underlying two distinct order-disorder transitions in the vortex phase diagram of Ca3Ir4Sn13, Physica C 506, 69-75 (2014).
2. Santosh Kumar, Ravi P. Singh, A. Thamizhavel, C. V. Tomy and A. K. Grover, Evidence of surface superconductivity and multi-quanta vortex states in a weakly-pinned single crystal of Ca3Ir4Sn13, Physica C 509, 42-48 (2015).
3. Santosh Kumar, C. V. Tomy, G. Balakrishnan, D. McK Paul and A. K. Grover, Paramagnetic magnetization signals and curious metastable behaviour in field-cooled magnetization of a single crystal of superconductor 2H-NbSe2, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 27, 295701 (2015).
4. Santosh Kumar, Ravi P. Singh, A. Thamizhavel, C. V. Tomy and A. K. Grover, Unveiling of Bragg glass to vortex glass transition by an ac driving force in a single crystal of Yb3Rh4Sn13, Supercond. Sci. Technol. 28, 085013 (2015).
1. Santosh Kumar, Ajay D. Thakur, Ravi P. Singh, A. Thamizhavel, C. V. Tomy and A. K. Grover,
Multi-quanta vortex states, crossover to Abrikosov Lattice and peak effect phenomenon in Ca3Ir4Sn13, AIP Conf. Proc. 1447, 909 (2012).
2. Santosh Kumar, C. V. Tomy, A. K. Grover, G. Balakrishnan and D. McK Paul Crossover from more to less ordered vortex state on field-cooling a weakly-pinned crystal of Ca3Rh4Sn13, AIP Conf. Proc. 1512, 1202-1203 (2013).
3. Santosh Kumar, Varun K. Kushwaha, Ravi P. Singh, A. Thamizhavel, C. V. Tomy and A. K. Grover, Elucidation of Peak Effect Phenomenon in a Single Crystal of Superconducting Ca3Ir4Sn13, AIP Conf. Proc. 1665, 130009 (2015).
Department of Physics
University of Warwick
Coventry CV4 7AL
S dot Kumar dot 1 at warwick dot ac dot uk