Welcome from Nick Tawn, Director of Student Experience.
"Congratulations on your place to study at the Department of Statistics at the University of Warwick. You may have seen our previous New Students page, containing helpful information about your pre-arrival. If you did not, don't be concerned, we've summarised all the key information here including the essential Maths Refresher course, along with Welcome Week activities for your induction into the Statistics department."
The New Students information page contains lots of information to help prospective students look ahead.
Don't worry if you missed it, here are the most important bits.
1. Register for IT account -
You should register for you IT account as soon as you have enrolled. It will allow you to access email all the information you need to get started.
If you can’t enrol, we will give further advice during your Statistics induction in Welcome Week.
Click here to go to the Register for IT - Welcome Week Link opens in a new windowpages.
Critical information to help settle in
- Microsoft OutlookLink opens in a new window – essential - to access your university email.
- Microsoft Authenticator appLink opens in a new window – essential - two step authentication, will also help access when on site.
- My Warwick AppLink opens in a new window – for up to date news and information, interactive map and emergency contact details.
2. Mathematics Refresher course - (IT Registration needed)
To ensure everyone has the same fundamental knowledge, the Mathematics Refresher (MA1K2) will help you prepare for university level teaching and learning.
We strongly encourage all incoming students complete this module regardless of which school qualification they obtained.
CLICK HERE for Mathematics Refresher Course Link opens in a new windowon Moodle, IT registration needed.
3. Warwick Statistics Society
...aims to help you get the most out of your university experience.
We place our focus on diverse careers events, module-specific academic help as well as unforgettable socials where you meet students from all degree backgrounds.
If you want to find out more about them, or ask for some advice.
If you don't have access to these websites join the Statistics Society via the Student UnionLink opens in a new window to access all social media channels including Whatsapp and Discord, as well as academic resources and information on all our great social and academic events.
4. Virtual (and guided) Building Tour
Become familiar with your building. See below.
360° Virtual tour (scroll down for video guided version)
MSB (Mathematical Sciences Building) and Zeeman building, where our large lecture theatres are.
Video guided Tour
Join Rikhil and Charlotte for a guided tour, and be sure to explore the 360 virtual tour below too.
Get to the building! Once you're inside the MSB, it's a lot easier. There will be many people to ask directions and advice.
Here are some other useful things to know for Welcome Week.
1. The official UoW Welcome WeekLink opens in a new window website.
2. Review our extensive FAQs for new starting students, especially international student visiting UK for first time.