Frequently asked questions
How do I get an IT Services Account?
If you're a member of the University, you can register for an account.
What's my username?
Recover your account details with your University card number and date of birth.
Why do I need to sign in?
Many Warwick websites are publicly accessible. However, you need to sign in to access protected pages and to publish content yourself using tools like SiteBuilder.
What is two-step authentication?
Two-step authentication is an extra layer of security to help protect your ITS Account. When you sign in, you enter a temporary verification code as well as your password. Learn how to set up and manage two-step authentication.
How do I change my password?
Follow our advice at ITS Account password changes.
How do I reset my password?
For security reasons it is now mandatory to set up security information, once you've done that you can reset your password. If you have difficulty please contact the IT Services Help Desk for assistance.
Why am I prompted to set my security information when I have already done this?
The information you enter must meet certain criteria before you can use it to reset your password. If you continue to be prompted, ensure you have verified that you own the alternative email address:
- Click Verify next to your alternative email address.
- You receive an email containing a verification link and code. Click the verification link in the email or click the Verify button again and enter the code.
Alternatively, ensure you specify at least two security questions.
When do I get signed out?
You can choose how long you want to stay signed in for before you're automatically signed out. On the sign-in screen, select an option from the Keep me signed in drop-down list: until you close your browser; all day; for three months; indefinitely until you sign out.
Note that it's best to use the Sign out link when you finish using a computer, especially if it isn't your usual one, and you should always lock the screen when you step away from your computer.
- Two-step authentication
- Turn on two-step authentication
- Sign in with an authenticator app
- Sign in with a text message
- Sign in when you don't have your phone with you
- Backup verification codes
- What duration should I choose?
- Lost or stolen phones
- New device or changed phone number
- Revoke remembered devices
- Private browsing
- Allow cookies from the Single Sign-on domain
- Disabled TLS 1.0 and 1.1 for Warwick web applications