Hey everyone, welcome to my zone 🙌 ! My name is Yanyan Li, PhD candidate in Applied Linguistics, University of Warwick. My research interests cover multimodal communication, conversion analysis, social interaction, and classroom discourse. In my PhD research, I delve into the multimodal interactional processes where peers undertake relationship work in second language classrooms. My supervisors are Professor Tony Liddicoat and Professor Steve Mann.
I am currently in charge of the seminar teaching for Spoken Interaction course and dissertation supervision for MA TESOL programme in the Department of Applied Linguistics at Warwick. I also work as a Facilitator for Intercultural Training programme at Warwick Student Opportunity, an Associate Tutor for Warwick Community Values Education Programme., and a Graduate Teaching Assistant for Department of Computer Science.
- 2021-present：PhD in Applied Linguistics, University of Warwick, UK
- 2019-2020：MA in Applied Linguistics, University College London, UK
- Graduated with Distinction
- 2015-2019：BA in English Language and Literature, Beijing Normal University, China
- Graduated with First-Class Honour
- Awarded as the Outstanding Graduate of Beijing City
My PhD project explores in a micro scope of interactional architecture, how peers construct, maintain, reinforce and even breach their relationship in doing multiparty group work in classroom contexts. I mainly use conversation analysis to analyse the interactional data. Meanwhile, I also draw on multimodal analysis to dissect the interactional patterns of vocal and non-vocal activities that influence how participants relate to one another as their interaction unfolds.
- Senior Graduate Teaching Assistant, MA TESOL Programme (2022-present)
- Associate Tutor, Community Values Education Programme (2022-present)
- Facilitator, Intercultural Training Programme (2022-present)
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department of Computer Science (2023-present)
- 24th Warwick International Conference in Applied Linguistics
- Organising Committee - Registration & Submission Team
- Coming soon...
- Coming soon...