Associate Professor of Economics
- Ph.D. in Economics, New York University 2002.
- M.Phil. in Economics, New York University 2000.
- B.A. in Physics, Universitá di Pavia, Italy 1996.
- Political Economy
- Applied Theory
- Experimental Economics
- Financial Economics
Publications Since 2014
- Political Booms, Financial Crises (with Guillermo Ordonez and Christoph Trebesch) (Journal of Political Economy, 2020 forthcoming)
- The Marginal Voter's Curse (with Aniol Llorente-Saguer and Joseph McMurray) (Economic Journal, 2020 forthcoming)
- Global Crises and Populism: the Role of Eurozone Institutions (with Luigi Guiso, Massimo Morelli and Tommaso Sonno) (Economic Policy, 2019)
- Turf Wars (with Ernesto Reuben and Mike Ting) (Journal of Public Economics, 2017)
- Learning and Coordination in the Presidential Primary System (with George Deltas and Mattias Polborn) (Review of Economic Studies, 2016)
- Turnout across Democracies, (with Massimo Morelli and Salvatore Nunnari) (American Journal of Political Science, 2016)
- Cultural Differences and Institutional Integration (with Luigi Guiso and Massimo Morelli) (Journal of International Economics, 2016)
- Turnout and Power Sharing (with Massimo Morelli and Thomas Palfrey) (Economic Journal, 2014)
- EC9B6: Topics in Public and Political Economics (PhD)
- EC9012: Economic Analysis: Macreoeconomics (MSc)
- EC304: Making of Economic Policy (Undergraduate)
- Director: CEPR Political Economy Research Group (POLECON)
- Coordinator: PEPE (Political Economy and Public Economics) Warwick Research Group
- Organizer: Warwick Political Economy Weekly Seminar
- Organizer: Warwick/Princeton/Utah in Venice Political Economy Yearly Conference