Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Course transfer

The Academic Registrar (for undergraduate students) and the Chair of the Board of Graduate Studies (for postgraduate students) will consider requests from students, if supported by their department, to change the course on which they are enrolled. The procedure to follow is:

  • discuss the matter with your personal tutor;
  • if a change of department is involved, discuss the matter with the new department;
  • if the department(s) supports your proposal, make a formal request to your current department (procedure varies between departments);
  • your department will complete the required University online request for you;
  • if your request is approved by the Academic Registrar/Chair of the Board of Graduate Studies we will write to you confirming the same.

* If you have a Tier 4 visa (CAS) to study in the UK, the University will be required to inform the Home Office - Visa & Immigration of this change to your course;
* If you are a UK/EU undergraduate student, we will inform the SLC of the change to your course;
* Enrolling with the University does not give you an automatic right to change course;
* If your new course requires you to obtain an ATAS certificate, before your transfer can be approved, you are required to have obtained your ATAS certificate and have submitted a copy to Student Records;

Material information relevant to Undergraduate Courses can be found here


Contact us

Get in touch with us using our contact form.

tel: +44(0)24 7657 4333




Useful links:

Council Tax Guide

Degree Ceremonies


Doctoral College


Module Results

Student Finance

Term dates

Visa guidance