Access free advice, support and advertising when planning and delivering work experience opportunities to attract Warwick students. The Internships, Placements & Work Experience team (IPWE), part of Student Opportunity at Warwick.Contact us
Small and medium-sized entities: SME Consultancy
The Internships, Placements & Work Experience Team has been both running and recruiting to internal and external work experience programmes since 2012. We combine our own learning with CIPD and ISE advice to produce good practice that we know leads to productive, motivated interns. As such, we are able to advise you on how your needs best fit with our students' skills and qualities.
Our free SME consultancy services include:
- Design of opportunity – helping to define a job description or experience outline
- Design of advert – reading and making suggestions to optimise student engagement
- Support you in advertising to Warwick students via our vacancies portal, myAdvantage
- Advice and guidance on good practice during your recruitment and selection
- Detailed information about managing interns
We will do everything we can to help you present the most attractive offer to our students.
To see the further support and services available to SMEs, please visit the website here.
In addition to working with Warwick, we can also act as a gateway to partners institutions across Coventry and Warwickshire making your life easier. So whether you are looking for a student for an internship, placement or work experience, looking to recruit a graduate, an apprentice; we can help.
What we can't do for you
The Internships, Placements & Work Experience Team supports the good practice of employers in work experience design and delivery. Sadly, we cannot:
- Source students to your specification and/or match talent – this is the role played by Unitemps
- Control the labour market – we will do everything we can to help you present the most attractive offer, but we can’t control the outcomes of your recruitment processes
- Guarantee engagement with students from a specific academic department, when advertising centrally
Provide specialist HR, legal, financial or immigration advice, but we will endeavour to signpost.
- Internships that work: a guide for employers – CIPD
- Common Best Practice Code for High-quality InternshipsLink opens in a new window – Published by the Trades Union Congress on behalf of the Gateways to the Professions Collaborative Forum
- AGCAS position on unpaid work experience or placements longer than four weeks – AGCAS
- Employment rights and pay for internsLink opens in a new window – GOV.UK
- Employment contractsLink opens in a new window – GOV.UK
- National minimum wage: work experience and internshipsLink opens in a new window – GOV.UK
- Volunteer placements, rights and expensesLink opens in a new window – GOV.UK
- Volunteer Internships in the Voluntary SectorLink opens in a new window – NCVO