Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Financial Support

UK undergraduate and postgraduate students can apply for the Disabled Student Allowances to support their academic studies, when their disability or specific learning difficulty means that they face extra costs to attend and participate in their course. Further information regarding the Disabled Students Allowances can be found at Student Finance England, Student Finance Wales, the Student Awards Agency Scotland and for students in receipt of the NHS bursary at the NHS.

Where students are experiencing hardship, Student Funding can provide advice on the support available at the University as well as information about fees and funding for postgraduate and undergraduate students . You can also find additional information about the Warwick Undergraduate Bursaries at this link.

The WBS Disability Support Awards are general disability awards for Warwick Business School students funded through the generous contributions fo Warwick WBS Alumni. These awards might include funding for assistive technology, books, laptops, digital recorders, on-campus parking costs (in accordance with University parking guidelines), additional study related travel costs incurred because of a disability (e.g. to travel to a conference or seminar off campus) or accommodation related expenditure. you can find additional information here.

There are also external charitable organisations that offer awards and funding schemes to students with disabilities such as the Snowdon Awards Scheme.

There may be local charities and trusts that can help with equipment. You need to investigate those local to where your home is.

Warwickshire Health Charity will consider applications for funding from people whose permanent residence is Warwickshire.

Students who might incur additional costs for on- campus ensuite accommodation as a direct result of a disability may be eligible for a subsidy towards those costs on disability grounds. You can find additional infromation on the eligibility criteria and an application form at this link.