The next phase of work in our future campus vision is to develop our plans under four overarching campus development themes:
Design and Landscape
We aim to create a vibrant community-focused environment by enhancing the distinctiveness of our buildings and nurturing our semi-rural setting.
What might this look like?
What do we have to build on?
- Landmark buildings have been built in support of this vision from the Oculus promoting new ways of learning, to the Prof. Lord Bhattacharyya Building hosting collaborative manufacturing research with industry and our world class Sports Hub encouraging healthy living.
- Consultation on the vision for our future Library captures our community’s desire for inspiring communal study and research space.
- Windmill Hill has been designated as protected green space for campus and local communities to experience and enjoy.
- Our new Faculty of Arts building design provides a distinctive silhouette on our campus skyline and mixed use ground floor space to enhance inclusivity of use.
- Many of our developments over the past 3 years have public engagement spaces and cafes in the ground floors. The inclusive design, using glazing and well serviced, adaptable spaces encourages multi-use and 24/7 activity.