Lynchgate Car Park, our new, 600+ space, multi-storey addition to campus opened on Wednesday 16 November 2016.
The new car park will be available for University staff parking permit holders, and access is via the new roundabout on Lynchgate Road near the Tesco filling station. The location and access is designed to be convenient for drivers arriving from the A45 direction, with the intention of reducing traffic on Kirby Corner Road and Gibbet Hill Road. These extra spaces should also ease pressure on parking on central campus.
The car park has been constructed in less than 6 months and it comes with some excellent features:
- It’s 6 storeys high, with a lift for convenience.
- It has the widest parking bays on campus at 2.5m
- It features a sustainable, efficient lighting system that responds to movement.
- There are 12 electric charging points.
- There are 10 bays reserved for members of our WarwickShare car sharing scheme.
- We’ll trial a live information sign for this car park, situated on the approach to the Lynchgate roundabout, that shows whether or not there are spaces remaining.
- Automatic number plate recognition will be put in place on the approach road to the car park to confirm parking permit validity.
- It’s been designed with security and safety in mind, featuring excellent CCTV coverage.
This busy pedestrian and cycle route between campus and the Cannon Park area has been improved with a wider shared path alongside the vehicle access, and better lighting. The new roundabout on Lynchgate Road provides improved crossing facilities for pedestrians.