- The building is a high quality factory solution
- The design allows for future expansion
- There's a feature entrance atrium with natural ventilation
- Over cladding of the factory building will enhance the external appearance
- We've targeted higher specification items to where they are needed most
- We'll upgrade power supplies to serve this and future buildings
We've procured the works on a very short programme via the Portakabin Group. The design is for a mainly factory-built solution to reduce the pre-construction and on site works. The buildings are based on Portakabin standard modules for the office, with the laboratories set out in a U-shape and in-filled to create a double height Process Hall using traditional on site build via a local builder.
The building consists of research office spaces, both open and single offices with associated meeting rooms and storage, laboratories and process hall space.
It's been designed through close collaboration between WMG, the Estates Office Design Team and the Portakabin team. Cullinan Studio were the project architects on the International Manufacturing Centre, IDL and IIPSI buildings which has helped to shape the facility and integrate the design into our Academic Square.