The next phase of work in our future campus vision is to develop our plans under four overarching campus development themes:
Energy and Sustainability
We aim to continue our leadership in sustainable development by delivering a truly carbon-neutral campus.
What might this look like?
- Transformation from fossil fuel to renewable energy across campus through the use of clean technologies.
- Improved air quality resulting from the reduction of traffic and move to renewable energy supplies.
- Shift towards greater on-site energy generation.
- A new and innovative building performance standard to significantly reduce energy consumption and carbon emission.
- Investment in our energy infrastructure to ensure resilient and affordable energy supply to campus.
What do we have to build on?
- We’re already investing in more efficient engines to improve our Combined Heat & Power system.
- All new buildings exceed current building regulations for energy and thermal performance.
- We generate 60% of our electricity and hot water on campus to reduce our carbon footprint.