When you edit a page, you can include a short comment describing your change. The comment appears on the History tab alongside the edit date and helps other editors understand what changes you made.
To view existing comments, go to Edit > More > History tab:
- Browse to the page you wish to edit.
Go to Edit > Edit centre content (or Edit > Edit right content as appropriate). Before you publish your page, look in the toolbar, and identify the Comment and Minor edit settings:
- If your edit is small – say, correcting a spelling mistake or amending the layout slightly – select the Minor edit checkbox. After you publish the page, your edit appears on the History tab. Any subscribers to page change notifications don't receive an email notification.
- If you're significantly changing a page – say, updating a list of modules for a new academic year, adding lots of new information or deleting sections – select the Comment button.
Type your comment in the pop-up – for example, Updated spring term modules. You can see how many people are subscribed to page change notifications:
- Select the Save button next to your comment.
- Once you've finished editing your page and saved your comment, click the Publish button in the toolbar.
- Go to Edit > More > History tab. The topmost row shows the most recent change with your comment.
Related help articles
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem