You can enable individuals who are not members of the University and do not have a University ID to view a restricted page by entering a password. To specify the password, you need admin permission for the page yourself.
Caution: This method does not provide sufficient security for pages that contain sensitive information. When you share a restricted page with other University members, you must use SiteBuilder permissions. To share sensitive pages with an individual outside the University, we recommend that you:
- request a Web External User account for the individual
- add permission for the Web External User via SiteBuilder permissions
- Browse to the page you want to protect with a password.
Go to Edit > Edit page permissions:
- In the Add a password section, type your chosen password in the Choose password box, then type it again in the Confirm password box.
To apply the password, select the appropriate button:
- Add password to page
- Add password to this page and all sub-pages
- Remove view permissions for the page (and sub-pages, if relevant).
- When you have finished setting the password and view permissions, select Done.
- Notify the group or individual to tell them the password. When they view the site, they are prompted to enter the password once, not for each page, per session.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem