Your Library Account
All registered staff and students of the University of Warwick automatically have a Library Account set up using their University ID. Your University Card is also your Library card. You will need your University card to scan in and out of the Library and to borrow items. Your University card is issued to you personally and should never be given to, or used by, anyone else. At anytime on Campus, including in the Library, you may be asked by a member of staff to show your University Card.
You should check ‘My Library Account’ regularly to:
- Review your borrowing (items on loan) due dates
- Check for any recalls/click and collect requests by another customer. This happens when another customer wishes to borrow a book you have on loan
- Check that items you have returned match your return receipt and your current borrowing record
- View any outstanding money owed to the Library and make payments online
- Renew books
- Request a click and collect requests to request a book that is on loan to another customer
- View pending click and collect requests
- View your ‘Reading history’, although this only records the print items you borrow and does not include any e-resources you had read. Save your preferred searches and keep a record of items that interest you as you go along, which you may wish to read later –‘My Lists’.
- Check for alerts that a hold you have requested is available for collection
Renewals will not be possible:
- if the item has been requested or booked by another borrower
- if your library account is blocked
- if you have charges in excess of £10
- 3 day loan items which have been recalled will not generate a recall notice to you, but you will not be able to renew this item
- once you have reached th e level of three overdue notices
Please remember to log out of ‘My Library Account’.
Library Account enquiries
If you have any enquiries regarding your Library Account please contact the Customer Support Team at library at warwick dot ac dot uk or at the Floor 1 Library Helpdesk or telephone 02476 522026.
All Library communications will be sent to your University email account so please check this regularly or create a forward to another account that you can check regularly. If you need help to do this please contact IT Services.