Skip to main content Skip to navigation

DSAs via Research Councils

Research Councils UK

Applications for Disabled Student Allowances (DSAs) for students who are funded by Research Councils are usually facilitated by the Research Organisation (i.e. the University) on the student's behalf.

To be able to apply for the DSAs students must submit up to date evidence of their disability along with confirmation of their funding by the relevant Research Council.

Additional information is available at Research Councils UKLink opens in a new window

Students are advised to contact the Disability Team through the wellbeing portal Link opens in a new windowto discuss a DSA referral further.

Home students who are not funded by Research Councils may still be eligible to apply for the DSAs through student funding bodies such as Student Finance England.