Below are some resources intended to help you in writing and submitting your assessments, as well as preparing for exams.
Submitting your work:
Writing your essay:
- Advice on Writing Essays; Checklist
- Classics Department Style guide - guidance on formatting your written work: please see link on right side of this page.
- Plagiarism. Plagiarism, defined as ‘the attempt to pass off someone else’s work as one’s own’ is a variety of cheating or fraud. It is taken very seriously by the University and students who are caught can suffer penalties which are extremely detrimental to their career. If in doubt about what constitutes plagiarism, please consult the online tutorial Avoiding PlagiarismLink opens in a new window
See the advice on writing gobbets above, which contain the marking criteria used for gobbets.
Library Induction and Searching Skills
For first year students:
- First-year Study Skills - online Powerpoint presentations
- First-year students can check our glossary of key terms for understanding how we talk about the ancient world.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SUMMER EXAMS