Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Classics projects with the URSS 2022

Details of this year's projects will be posted here soon.

How to apply

The Undergraduate Research Support Scheme enables undergraduate students to carry out an interdisciplinary summer research/public engagement project. For further advice and support on public engagement initiatives please go to the WIE web page. The scheme is open to any UG student at Warwick of a full-time or part-time course, in any year including first and final year students. Exchange students are not eligible to apply. Applicants must get the support of academic supervisor and can apply for a URSS bursary to undertake their research project, either in the UK or abroad, for between 6-10 weeks. URSS application form  Public engagement application form 

URSS bursary

A URSS bursary contributes to your living expenses and other associated costs whilst carrying out your project. Each applicant can request up to a maximum amount of £1500 for home and overseas projects. In order to apply, you will be required to justify your bursary on the application form by providing a fully researched breakdown of projected costs. Bursary information 

URSS Public Engagement Initiative

We are pleased to announce that the URSS will consider applications for Research + Public Engagement or Public Engagement only projects for the 2022 session. This may take one of two forms

1) A research project with a public engagement element . This means you would complete your research project first then design a public engagement activity to share your results. This activity may take place after the summer research period.

2) A public engagement-focused project. This could mean that you design an engagement initiative to share research, rather than doing the new research yourself.  

If you would like to include a public engagement element please indicate this in your application. WIE can offer advice and support for public engagement and we strongly advise you to contact them before you make your application at or