Email: B dot Parry at warwick dot ac dot uk
Humanities Building, University Road
University of Warwick
Coventry CV4 7AL
Benita Parry is Professor Emeritus in English and Comparative Literary Studies.
The literature of colonialism and imperialism, and postcolonial studies. She has contributed essays to the Said Reader (1992); Relocating Postcolonialism (2002); The Cambridge Companion to Postcolonial Literary Studies (2004); Conrad in the 21st Century (2004); Paragraph: Special Issue on The Idea of the Literary (2006); Emancipation and Representation (2006); and the Journal of Postcolonial Writing (2005). She is the author of several books.
- Delusions and Discoveries: Studies on India in the British Imagination (1972)
- Conrad and Imperialism: Ideological Boundaries and Visionary Frontiers (1984)
- Co-ed., Cultural Representations of Imperialism: Edward Said and the Gravity of History (1998)
- Co-ed., Postcolonial Criticism and Theory (English Association, 1999)
- Postcolonial Studies : A Materialist Critique (2004)
- BSoc Sc (Cape Town)
- BA, MA (Birmingham)