The University of Warwick is situated on the southern edge of Coventry, about halfway between Coventry city centre and Kenilworth, a beautiful small town app. 8 miles southwest of Coventry. You can read more about getting here on the University’s website: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/about/visiting.
– National Express coaches connect Coventry city centre to London Victoria Coach Station (as well as other major cities). From Pool Meadow Coach Station, take Bus 11, 12 or 16 (the letter just outside the coach station) to Warwick University (Library Road stop)
– Megabus (also from Victoria Coach Station) stops at Cannon Park shopping centre, just on the edge of the University of Warwick Campus (about 5–10 mins walk from the conference venue).
– Direct trains from London to Coventry are regular and take 1–2 hours, depending on the company. Coventry station is a 15 minute taxi (about 10–15 pounds) or a 30–35 minute bus ride to Campus (Buses 11, 12, and 16: these services stop on the railway bridge rather than directly in front of the station).
– Direct trains from Birmingham (and Birmingham International Airport) to Coventry take 10–20 mins.
– The closest train station to Campus is Canley (some, but not all, London Midland trains from London and Birmingham stop here), which is about 25–30 minute walk or a 5 minute taxi ride from the University.
– Leamington Spa is a bit further away to the south, but also has good train connections to Birmingham and London (1 hour 15 to 1 hour 40 mins), and frequent buses run between Leamington and Campus, taking about 35–45 mins (Buses U1, called U2 on Saturday, as well as 11), or a taxi ride of 20 mins (15–20 pounds).
The conference will take place in three buildings:
– On Friday, registration, lunch and the afternoon sessions will take place in the Humanities building (24/51 on the campus map),
– the morning session on Friday will take place in Ramphal Building (53 on campus map)
– everything on Saturday in Social Sciences (60 on campus map).
– The conference dinner will be in Xanana’s (62 on the campus map).