- 2010-11; part 2 of the Post Graduate Award Introduction to Academic and Professional Practice
- Autumn Term 2008; Teaching Practice for Postgraduate Tutors, organised by Dr. Nick Monk.
- September 2008; Great Expectations: An Introductory Day for Postgraduates Beginning English Teaching at the Higher Education Academy's English Subject Centre.
- September 2008; Teaching Skills for Postgraduate Tutors in the Humanities, a one-day workshop led by Mary Johnson for the Capital Centre.
Graduate School Training Courses
- How to Quickly and Efficiently Take Notes (October 2007)
- Eportfolio training (November 2007)
- Speed Reading (February 2008)
- Organising References using EndnoteWeb (February 2008)
Arts Faculty Training Courses
- Induction to Library and IT resources (October 2007)
- Planning your PhD (October 2007)
- Good Practice in Academic Writing (November 2007)
- Sources of Postdoctoral Funding (December 2009)
MA Courses Audited
Spring Term 2008; Travel, Literature, Anglo-Empires