3.14, third floor of the Faculty of Arts Building
The Postgraduate and Research Coordinator is responsible for the management and coordination of the support for postgraduate study in the Department of History, and responsible for contributing to the support for research in the Department of History. Duties include:
- Providing direct support to the Director of PGR Studies and the Director of PGT Studies.
- Providing support for PG students from admission through to graduation.
- Dealing with queries for potential PG students.
- Producing online and hardcopy promotional materials in conjunction with academic staff.
- Processing MA module registrations and assisting with timetabling issues.
- Assisting the Academic Administrator in the processing and maintenance of Tabula records, including coursework management, small teaching groups, personal tutors, and student monitoring.
- Advising staff and students on pre- and post-submission procedures, and processing all PG student applications.
- Administration for assessed coursework and dissemination of feedback.
- Implementing and maintaining progress/attendance monitoring schemes for PG students in accordance with central requirements, including identifying issues regarding Tier 4 students, non-engagement, and pastoral matters.
- Providing support with student progress, upgrades, and vivas as directed.
- Supporting the Academic Administrator and Exams Secretaries with all MA exam board related matters, including marks uploads, feedback, and booking accommodation for external examiners.
- Preparation and dissemination of results to academic staff, PG students, and relevant central administration teams.
- Keeping up to date and accurate student records.
- Creating and maintaining PG student webpages and ensuring that all information is consistent with central requirements.
- Assisting with the annual drafting and updating of the PG student handbook for departmental approval, ensuring consistency between the handbook and relevant Department and University webpages.
- Providing advice to staff and PG students on relevant course regulations.
- Assisting with programme and course reviews as required.
- Preparing and reviewing communications with PG students, and acting as a first point of contact for PG queries.
- Managing the History Department Postgraduate Research Fund, and arranging the payment of fees and maintenance grants to funded PG students.
- Managing the annual History Department Postgraduate Conference, and providing support for other PG conferences as required.
- Providing support for the History Department Research Seminar Series, including room bookings, advertising, catering bookings, accommodation bookings, and processing of speaker expense claims.
- Providing cover and assistance for the departmental research support staff during periods of absence and high workload.