Break with tradition
If you’re intellectually curious, and prepared for your investigations to take you into unexpected territories, you’ll be at home in the Department of History at Warwick. It’s a space in which you’ll be constantly surprised as to where history can take you.
- A team of highly-regarded academics, energised by history’s capacity to surprise
- Expanding the view of history from Eurocentric to global – you will be encouraged to look outwardly and internationally, and consider the discipline’s relevance to modern societies, people and culture.
- Transferrable skills to take you wherever you want to go and make you highly employable across a variety of sectors.
- A thoughtful student community that welcomes diversity in all forms.
- A reputation for innovation and breaking with tradition – we firmly believe that the study of history can be used as a powerful tool for radical change and transformation.
- Rated 1st in the UK for world-leading research in the most recent Research Excellence Framework (REF2014).
- Excellent historical resources, including our very own Modern Records Centre, which houses one of the biggest archives of primary sources outside of London.
Single Honours degree
With the option of focussing on either 'Modern' or 'Renaissance and Modern' History, this course is run entirely by us in the History department.
Taught in conjunction with partner departments across the University, you will be a member of two departments and have access to the teaching and support of both.
See what one of our recent graduates says about her time studying History at Warwick
Our four-year joint degrees with the School of Modern Languages and Cultures allows you to study the languages and cultures of German, Italian, Spanish and French speaking countries alongside your modules in History.