For assessment deadlines, see the Undergraduate Handbook.
- Seminar contribution (10%)
- 1500 word primary source review (40%)
- 3000 word essay (50%)
For details of the submission of assessed work, click here.
NB Each assessed element will be marked according to the standard assessment criteria. Students should ensure that they follow the MHRA style guide carefully, especially for the presentation of the footnotes and the bibliography.
1500 word primary source review
3000 word essay
Feedback on assessment
Essays will be assessed on four criteria:
- The way in which the student covers the theme of the essay
- The quality of the argumentation
- The adequacy of secondary literature and sources references
- The quality of language