Recruitment for 2020-21 is open
CENTA is a consortium of Universities and research institutes that are working together to provide excellence in doctoral research training within the remit of the Natural Environment Research Council.
CENTA studentships are funded by the University of Warwick and the Natural Environment Research Council DTP - NERC CENTA for 3.5 years.
- Payment of Tuition Fees in full at the Home/EU rate.
- Annual stipend, set at £15285 for academic year 2020/21
- Research training support grant (RTSG) of £8,000
UK and EU students must meet the residency and qualification eligibility criteria set by UK Reserach Councils.
There are two types of Studentship award, based on meeting residential eligibility criteria. The two award types are:
- A full Studentship award, which covers the full cost of tuition fees and provides an annual stipend.
- A fees only Studentship award, which excludes funds for a stipend. In these cases the University can offer eligible EU nationals additional funding to provide a stipend.
Full eligibility guidance can be found in the UKRI Terms and Conditions - see Annex B.
Unfortunately International students (non UK/EU) are not eligible.
Round 2 Application deadline - 29 May 2020
Provisional Interview date - week commencing 29 June 2020
For more details of the CENTA consortium and the training opportunities available please see the CENTA Website