This seminar is open to everyone at Warwick interested in problem-solving. One of its objectives is to select Warwick's team for the 27th International Mathematical Competition (IMC) that will take place 24-30 July 2020 in Bulgaria. This will be done based on the three selection tests that take place 1-4pm on the following Wednesdays:
- 26 Feb in OC0.04 (in Oculus) (Test 1 questions)
- 4 Mar in OC0.04 (in Oculus) (Test 2 questions)
- 11 Mar in MS.04 (in Zeeman)
Additionally, there will be training sessions by George Kontogeorgiou 4-5pm on the following Wednesdays:
- 19 Feb in MS.04 (in Zeeman): Analysis (Problem sheet)
- 26 Feb in MS.02 (in Zeeman): Algebra (Problem sheet)
- 4 Mar in MS.02 (in Zeeman): Combinatorics (Problem sheet)
Warwick's Mathematics Department has kindly agreed to cover the travel costs for all students selected for the team.
No prior registration is required: just turn up for the first training session (4pm on 19 February 2020 in MS.04) or the first selection test (1pm on 26 February in OC0.04).
Further information will be added here in due time. As an extra preparation for the seminar, we recommend solving past problems (available online with solutions) from the following competitions:
- International Mathematical Competition (IMC)
- Putnam Competition
- Vojtech Jarnik Mathematical Competition