This year's International Mathematics Competition is expected to take place as an in-person event, 31 July - 6 August 2023 in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria.
Warwick's team for the competition will be selected on the basis of three 3-hour written tests that take place 1-4pm on 1 March (in B1.01), 8 March (in H0.58) and 15 March (in H0.58).
If you would like to be considered for the team, please come to all three tests. Students completing their first, second, third or fourth year of university education (including courses such as MMath and MASt) and being at most 23 years old at the time of the competition are eligible (and very welcome) to participate. The Mathematics Department will cover travel and registration expenses of the selected team.
There will also be training sessions 1-2pm in B1.01 on Wednesdays, 18 January - 22 February:
- 18 January: Jun Yan "Combinatorics" (Slides, Practice Problems)
- 25 January: Robin Visser "Linear Agebra" (Handout)
- 1 February: The lecture is CANCELLED due to strikes.
- 8 February: Thomas Read TBC
- 15 February: George Kontogeorgiou TBC
- 22 February:
- Oleg Pikhurko "Polynomials"
- (2-3pm in MB0.07): Larry Lau TBC
All interested students (even those who do not intend to take part in the selection tests) are welcome to attend any training session. No prior registration is required; just turn up for any session.
Further information will be added here in due time. As an extra preparation for the seminar, we recommend solving past problems (available online with solutions) from the following competitions:
- International Mathematical Competition (IMC)
- Putnam Competition
- Vojtech Jarnik Mathematical Competition
We hope to see many of you sessions!
With best wishes,