Our open days give you the chance to hear more about our two new undergraduate courses, meet staff and students, and get a real feel for life at Warwick.
Our next two undergraduate open days for 2022 are taking place on the following dates:
- Saturday 8 October
- Saturday 22 October
(Please note: We do not offer an undergraduate entry medical programme and we hold separate open days for our graduate only entry MB ChB medical course.)
Taster Days and Outreach Events
Our open days are a great way to get a broad overview of our courses but we understand that some of our prospective students can’t make our open days or want the opportunity to find out more about the Medical School and our courses. As such, we also hold a range of Taster Days and offer sessions at other key events throughout the year.
If you want to find out what life as a Warwick Medical School science student could be like, our Taster Days are a great way to get a hands-on experience of the course and meet Warwick Medical School students and staff. Our Taster Days typically run between 10.00am and 3.30pm and places must be booked in advance.
Dates for our 2022 Taster Days will be confirmed soon.
The Medical School supports and participates in a range of outreach and public engagement activities throughout the academic year. From Science on the Hill to Pint of Science, Discovery Weeks plus School Visits and Work Experience opportunities (and more!), we are committed to actively engaging with the public to share our knowledge and research. In addition to School-led activities, we also actively support the University's wider Outreach and Engagement objectives.
We hold regular live online chats where you can chat to members of our course teams and ask any questions you may have.
Please register your interest and we'll be in touch when the next sessions are booked.
In addition to our open days, we hold dedicated offer holder open days. These are intended to help you decide whether Warwick Medical School is the right choice for you once you've received an offer and will give you the chance to find out more about our courses and talk to the course teams. Places must be booked in advance.
You'll receive an automatic invitation to attend once your application has been processed and you've received an offer. You'll be able to book via an online booking form, and we'll send you the link to this with your invitation.
Our undergraduate courses
- Learn from active researchers.
- Conduct original research into unsolved scientific problems from day one.
- “Anti-disciplinary” – learn principles from biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics and computing, and understand how to move confidently across disciplinary boundaries.
- Develop practical experimental skills and analytical thinking skills needed to ‘do’ science.
- Benefit from a blend of classes, team-based problem solving, original lab-based research and individual study.
- Learn essential computer coding skills in our MATLAB and Python e-labs.
- Learn from highly regarded researchers who are experts in their field.
- Develop a set of highly transferable skills that are sought after by employers, including:
- Interpersonal skills
- Team working
- Time management
- Project planning and delivery
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Advanced communication skills
- Benefit from a variety of teaching and assessment methods incorporating case-based learning, small group learning, technology enhanced learning and independent enquiry based learning.
Warwick Medical School
Here at Warwick Medical School we're proud of our vibrant community of students, educators and researchers. We have a proven track record in excellence in teaching. Our established MB ChB medical programme, which is the largest graduate-entry programme in the UK, produces high-quality doctors. We also offer a range of postgraduate master's, diplomas and certificate programmes, which are undertaken by national and international healthcare professionals across a variety of medical specialities.
We're equally passionate about research as we are education, and you will have internationally-renowned research academics working with you throughout your course. The University of Warwick was ranked seventh overall among UK research universities in the most recent research assessment exercise, with our researchers successfully working in the fields of Health Sciences, Clinical Trials and Biomedical Sciences.