- Prof Danny Steeghs is recruiting two Research Fellows to work within the Gravitational wave Optical Transient Observer (GOTO) project. Application deadline is August 31st 2020. For details click here.
- Our newest faculty member, Dr Cegla, is recruiting for a Research Fellow in Exoplanets & Stellar Physics. Deadline: 3rd July 2020. For details click here.
- Professor Tom Marsh is recruiting a Research Fellow in Stellar Astrophysics, to work on white-dwarf binary systems. Deadline: 1st July 2020. For details click here.
- Dr Elizabeth Stanway is recruiting a Research Fellow in Stellar Populations, Extragalactic or Transient Astrophysics to work on developing models for chemical evolution in the BPASS project. Deadline: 1st July 2020. For details click here.
We anticipate that these positions are likely to commence after social distancing eases and we return to campus. Where positions have an end-date constraint, wherever possible we will endeavour to secure fixed term extensions to compensate for delays following Covid-19, but cannot guarantee these until they are confirmed by the funding agencies.
These posts are currently being shortlisted and will interview soon.
Annual Fellowship Deadlines
Future fellowship deadlines (approx. dates based upon previous years: please check!):
Royal Society University Research Fellowships: September 2020
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Research Fellowship Programme: September 2020
Ernest Rutherford Fellowships: September 2020
If you are interested in pursuing any of these with us, please make contact with a member of staff in good time (2+ months before). You will typically need to complete at least financial information for fellowships, and we can put you in contact with Warwick's Research & Impact Services for help with this. Early contact is advised to help with this. ERFs in particular require an internal triage process and the earlier you contact us the better.
Summary of fellowship / early career grant opportunities:
- STFC Ernest Rutherford Fellowship
5 year senior fellowship to enable early career researchers with clear leadership potential to establish a strong, independent research programme (annual deadline: September). We have to triage potential candidates as we have only 1 or 2 slots available. We would like a CV, a draft proposal and at least 1 and preferably 2 letters of reference by late July.
- UK Research & Innovation Future Leaders Fellowship
Seven years of funding available on a 4+3 model, with a review in year four. The fellowship aims to enable researchers to transition to or establish their research/innovation independence (biannual expression of interest deadlines: June and October)
Royal Society University Research Fellowship
5 year senior fellowship for those between 3 and 8 years of obtaining their PhD (annual deadline: September)
- Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowship
5 year fellowship for those with no more than six years of actual research experience since their PhD (not including career breaks), and who have a current need for flexible support, such as parental/caring responsibilities, e.g. raising children or looking after ageing or seriously ill family members; or clinically diagnosed health issues (annual deadline: November)
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Research Fellowship Programme
12-36 months fellowship for those in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience (annual deadline: September)
- Daphne Jackson Fellowship
Fellowship for those having taken a career break of at least two years’ duration, taken for family, health or caring reasons. Fellowships are flexible and part-time, usually completed over two years at 0.5 FTE (apply at any time)
- 1851 Fellowship
3 year fellowship for those with less than 3 years postdoctoral research experience (applications open in October)
- Leverhulme Early Career Fellowship
3 year early career fellowship offering 50% match-funding for those with a proven record of research (applications open in January)
- Newton International Fellowship
2 year early career fellowship (annual deadline: March)
- Winton Exoplanet Fellowship
3 year early career fellowships (within 5 years of obtaining their PhD) to perform research on detection and characterisation of exoplanets. Warwick Astrophysics will put forward up to two candidates each year (annual deadline: end of the year).
4 year fellowships that aim to support excellent researchers who will make significant contributions to the field of theoretical physics and continue to spark public interest in the field. Deadline 20th June 2019
- L'Oreal For Women in Science Fellowship
12 month fellowship with a value of £15,000
- ERC Starting Grant
1.5 million euros for early career scientists (2-7 years of research experience since completion of PhD) who have a proven scientific track record to enable them to work independently (annual deadline: October)
We welcome applications for any of the above opportunites. Please contact a member of astronomy staff in the first instance if you are interested in applying.
Click here for past opportunities