Frequently Asked Questions
(1) Question: My reference letter writers will not submit their letters by the deadline. Will my application be automatically rejected?
(1) Answer: No, but you will be at a disadvantage because these letters are used as one factor to determine which candidates are shortlisted. Please (a) request letters well before the deadline, (b) don't be afraid to send your letter writers regular reminders, and (c) know that your letter writers will not receive a weblink to submit their letters until you submit your application. You and your letter reference writers should be regularly checking your spam folders.
(2) Question: Do I have to make a separate application for the Warwick PhD Prize Scholarships?
(2) Answer: No. All applicants will automatically be considered for these Scholarships.
(3) Question: What funding source should I list on the application?
(3) Answer: Please just write "Warwick PhD Prize Scholarship"; do not worry about this field, as it represents just a purely administrative step on this university form that we will ignore. Funding may actually be provided from several different sources, some of which are dependent on the project. If you need to fill out additional contact information fields, you can write "Astronomy Cluster" with the telephone number of +44 (0)24 765 23965.
(4) Question: What Programme Code do I need to select in the application?
(4) Answer: Select "Physics (PhD) Full Time", Programme Code "P-F3P0", Academic Year "24/25". The Astronomy and Astrophysics groupLink opens in a new window is a part of the Physics DepartmentLink opens in a new window.
(5) Question: The application asks for a research proposal. What should I write?
(5) Answer: Please upload one document specifying which projects you are interested in, and why. You do not need to write a full research proposal, but the more you can describe how your interests and/or skills match the identified projects, the stronger your application will be.
(6) Question: I currently do not satisfy the University of Warwick's English language requirements. Can I still apply?
(6) Answer: Yes, but will you need to satisfy these requirementsLink opens in a new window before you begin your PhD if you are accepted into the program.