Digital and data technologies have rapidly become some of the most important assets of the modern organisation – bringing both challenges and opportunities. Rather than two separate concepts, typically these tools have a symbiotic relationship: a business’ many digital platforms generate unprecedented volumes of potentially valuable data; whilst the analysis of this data enables such businesses to further develop, personalise and optimise these platforms.
It is within this context, that the Data Science and Digital Operations specialism is positioned. Across various modules, students will develop skills and knowledge in areas such as Big Data, statistics, analytics and machine learning; whilst at the same time building a working knowledge of the tools and techniques used to devise and maintain modern digital platforms.
As part of this specialism, students will take a total of 120 CATs worth of modules, as listed below.
- e-Business Fundamentals
- Problem Solving with Statistics and Finance
- Enterprise e-Commerce Solutions
- Innovative Simulation Design and Development
- Big Data, Analytics and Optimisation
- Digital and Data Science Consultancy
- Data Science & Machine Learning
- Study, Professional and Analytical Skills
The research element is worth 33% of your final grade (60 CATs). This project supports you in developing your personal research skills. If you opt for the Data Science and Digital Operations specialism, your project should focus on management or technology-related issues in companies involved digital and data science.
Graduates of our e-Business Data Science and Digital Operations specialism will typically progress into careers with a focus on data analysis, data science, digital operations and/or data visualisation for business management.
Typical roles could include:
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Digital Operations Executive
- Project Manager / Product Owner
- Business Analytics Specialist
- Digital Transformation Specialist