Our research focuses on the relationships between Applied Linguistics and professional practice in a range of international and multinational contexts, especially in the areas of language learning, teaching, and assessment (LLTA), professional discourse (PAD), and working and communicating across cultures (WACC) for which we have active research groups.
Director of Research: Professor Tony Liddicoat
- Video in Language Teacher Education (2016-17)
- ERC DISCONEX research project on academic discourse (2013-18)
- The Global Education Experience (2015 – ongoing)
- ELT Research Survey of India (2013-16)
- Intercultural communication and adaptation in the British and Japanese construction industry (2015-2018)