- Living in the generation of big data presents a wealth of multidisciplinary research challenges in how we understand the nature and uses of big data and the impact of data on our daily lives
- Our status as a founding member of the Alan Turing Institute places our researchers on a world stage
- Together with Warwick Manufacturing Group, and in collaboration with all faculties, we will position the University as the premier research centre for data science, with a focus on health, manufacturing and transport
- Examples include: Behavioural economics, decision making, resilience, the construction of risk, ethical challenges and opportunities posed by artificial intelligence, individual freedom, privacy vs. convenience, democratisation and smart cities
- Our research will contribute to the development of cyber security and artificial intelligence technologies and their impact on society
- This theme includes the challenge of how research embraces the digital agenda across all of our faculties
Data science is a key strength at Warwick. Our data research spans multiple disciplines, from maths, to astrophysics, to social science and the humanities. Warwick Data unites the University community, and showcases cutting-edge data science research, as we work to interrogate and understand data and the role it now plays in all our lives.
Discover more on our Warwick data website.