At Warwick we are proud to have one of the largest postgraduate communities in the UK, comprising over a quarter of our 25,000 students.
In the Graduate School we support postgraduate study in a variety of ways:
- We enact decisions made by the Board of Graduate Studies which advises and makes recommendations to the Senate on all matters to do with postgraduate study in the University.
- We support the research degree examination process.
- We manage the awarding of main university scholarship funding.
- We support research students to develop their professional skills.
- We lead and contribute to PG student community-building events and activities.
- We monitor the PG student experience through surveys and other means of evaluation.
- We support the work of other committees handling PG student casework such as academic appeals.
- We support initiatives to enable student international mobility.
- We provide information, advice, guidance and practical support to colleagues and students across the university on the many aspects of postgraduate study.
- We keep up to date on trends in PG study outside of Warwick to ensure that Warwick continues to deliver an excellent student experience.
If in doubt, ask the Graduate School!
Our office is open from 9:30 – 16:30 (Mon-Thur) and 9:30 – 16:00 (Fri).
Professor Colin Sparrow, Warwick Mathematics Institute
Deputy Academic Director and Deputy Chair of the Board of Graduate Studies
Dr Kirsty Hooper, School of Modern Languages and Cultures
Rhiannon Martyn, Head of the Graduate School
Stella Neophytou, Postgraduate Student Development Officer
Louise Sutcliffe (Job Share - Leave)
Tracy Horton, PGR Professional Development Officer
Kath Bown, Clerical Officer
Nicola Ellis Thomas, Postgraduate Scholarships (Leave)
Mitzi Ward, Scholarships Officer
Susan Black, Postgraduate Scholarships Coordinator
Research Degree Examinations, Records and Committees
Ellie Shields, Administrative Officer / (Scholarships)
Laura Larard, Administrative Officer (Leave)
Helen Brown, Graduate School Committee and Records Assistant
Molly Hunter, Jayne Patience Research Degree Examinations Officer - Cover
Sarah Taylor, Research Degree Examinations Officer (Leave)