The Warwick Advance Internship Programme (WAIP) aims to provide our undergraduate students from widening participation (WP) backgrounds with the opportunity to access and apply for paid internships, placements and work experience.
We offer students:
- in-person and virtual employer-led presentations and workshops
- career consultations which can be signed up for on myAdvantage
- e-mentoring - Moodle courses
- the opportunity to apply to our Work Experience bursary
- 1:1 personalised feedback on applications
- access to our other career-boosting programmes such as WorkReady, URSS, the Turing Scheme, Warwick in Africa and many more
- a range of other helpful resources and tips on Moodle
If you are an employer currently offering internships, placement or work experience opportunities to students here at Warwick and have an interest in supporting widening participation students develop their career prospects, please do get in touch.
Warwick Advance will launch in October 2023 at the start of the new academic year.
If you have any questions or you'd like to discuss Warwick Advance, please do not hesitate to email us.
Widening Participation (WP)
Our widening participation students can come from any of these backgrounds:
- Could live in a target postcode area (low participation area)
- Could have attended a school where attainment is below average
- Could have experience of being in care
- Can be estranged from their family
- Could have refugee status, or are an asylum seeker
- Could be responsible for the unpaid care and wellbeing of a dependent
- Could be from Black, Asian and other ethnic minority backgrounds
Your involvement and benefits
If you choose to get involved in Warwick Advance, there are a number of benefits:
- Opportunity to support our students in developing their career prospects through using online resources, skills sessions, workshops, presentations etc
- Opportunity to grow your network/profile made possible by having a very active role within our WP community
- Potential increase in successful recruitment outcomes
- Opportunity to further fulfil your corporate social responsibility agenda and diversify your work population