Due to the retirement of our current supervisor, the University Counselling Service is looking to appoint a new (independent) Counselling Supervisor to work with our team of counsellors to offer (predominantly) individual supervision to each of our 6 counselling staff.
We are looking for a highly experienced counselling supervisor who has:
- Proven skill and experience at offering one-to-one supervision whilst considering team, service, organisational and institutional dynamics throughout.
- A commitment to, and enjoyment of supervising brief, focussed counselling interventions.
- An understanding of counselling within HE, preferrably.
- A capacity to work across models.
- A capacity for some flexibility in scheduling.
- A willingness to work collaboratively with other supervisors involved with the UCS.
You would need to be able to offer supervision on a Tuesday (our core day) each fortnight (approximately) offering 5 full-hour sessions per day (with a break from 11.30am to 12.30pm when the team are in a meeting) to cover c90 sessions over the calendar year (schedules will be agreed at the beginning of each term).
If you are interested, please telephone Samantha Tarren, Head of Counselling on 02476 523761 or send your expression of interest to email@example.com AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.