Search all web pages
Search results include:
- permission-restricted pages – when you're signed in, you see more results
- events calendars and news pages
- campus map locations
- past exam papers made available by academic departments
- WRAP, the University's institutional archive of research papers
- documents and files such as .pdf, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Search for a person
Warwick Search indexes information about people at Warwick – including their email address and phone details, home page or e-portfolio (if they have one) – and is searchable by Warwick staff and students.
Add your own ‘live search’ to your web pages
You can embed a live search box in your own SiteBuilder page that returns results as you enter a search query. It's possible to limit the search scope to your own SiteBuilder website or a section of a site.
Search metadata including keywords
The indexer includes keywords in SiteBuilder pages. If you search for that keyword the results appear, even if the term is not included in the page content itself.
You can also restrict search results by matches against the keywords property – for example:
RSS and JSON feeds of search results
Search results are available as RSS and JSON feeds. These enable you to crawl results and include them in web services. For example, you can create a SiteBuilder page that shows the latest search results for a particular term, personalised to each signed-in person.
- Search for past exam papers
- Search for people at Warwick
- Improve a SiteBuilder page's rank in search engine results
- Add a live search box to a SiteBuilder page
- Refine your search
- Ranking factors
- Content types indexed by Warwick Search
- Remove pages or files from search results
- RSS and JSON feeds of search results
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk