You can add a search box to the centre or right-hand content to enable visitors to search your website or a section of it. For example, there is a Search help box at the right-hand side of all pages in SiteBuilder help, which returns results from any page under:
Search queries do not return results from the rest of the IT Services website or SiteBuilder section. You see matching results as you enter your query – we refer to this as ‘live search’.
In this article:
Position the cursor where you want to add the search box.
Select Add special features > Search box:
The Search pop-up appears:
Enter the path for the topmpost page for your search in the Page to search under box (this is the part of the URL after
https://warwick.ac.uk). Results for the search will be restricted to that pages and any pages or files under it.
Optionally, enter a Label to appear within the search box. This is the text that will appear greyed out in the search box before visitors enter their own search terms.
If you leave the Full width search box checkbox selected, the search box will stretch to fill the available horizontal space. If unselected, the box will appear at a standard size.
Select Add search box.
Once it's been added to the page, you can reposition the search box like any other component.
- Browse to the page where you want to add the search box.
- Go to Edit > Edit centre content or Edit right content, as appropriate.
- Position your cursor where you want to insert the search box.
- Go to Insert a > Search box.
In the Insert search box pop-up window, enter the URL of the uppermost page of the section you want to make searchable. Omit
https://warwick.ac.uk. For example, for the whole of the IT Services site, enter:
Optionally, enter a label to appear in the search box – for example, Search IT Services. If you do not specify a label, the default label is Search for.
Select Insert. The following code is added to your page:
[livesearch label='Search IT Services']/services/its[/livesearch]
- When you have finished editing your page, select Publish.
- Search for past exam papers
- Search for people at Warwick
- Improve a SiteBuilder page's rank in search engine results
- Add a live search box to a SiteBuilder page
- Refine your search
- Ranking factors
- Content types indexed by Warwick Search
- Remove pages or files from search results
- RSS and JSON feeds of search results
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk