A phone number field will be useful for contact details
- Go to the form page you wish to edit.
- Select Edit > Edit formsbuilder page or Edit this form from the bottom of the form. A list of edit options will appear on the left hand side of the form.
- Select the option in the Add a text box section - a phone number field.
The Add/Edit a phone number field edit screen will appear:
- Enter a Field name to define the field. You will see this field is starred in red. This means this is a compulsory field and you will not be able to save the field until this is added. It could just be a name for you, or if self-explanatory can be used as the label for the user.
- Enter a Label for the user. Here you can provide detailed instructions for the user in the question you ask them and where you can use full punctuation. The Label will take precedence over the Field name, but if you do not add anything in this section, then the Field name will be displayed on the form.
- Enter the Width of the box. The default is 25.
- Enter any Prefilled text.
- If you require the label/instruction box on top, check this box. The default is that the label or instruction goes to the side.
- If you require the text box to be a Required field, check this box. This will red star the field and prevent the user from continuing if they haven't completed the field.
- Decide if you wish the field to be Only visible to editors and check this box if required.
- Select the Save button.
You will see that your new item has appeared on the form, along with a set of edit tool icons. The cross allows for deleting an item, the up and down arrow keys will allow you to move each item up and down one field at a time, and the last icon allows you to edit the item directly without having to go back into the form editing section.
If you want to view the form, rather than add further elements, Select the Done button, which is in the top right hand corner of the page.