When you first create a resource bookings page, one resource is available to book by default. Rather than create a separate resource bookings page for another resource, you can add more than one resource to the same resource bookings page. This can help visitors compare the availability of resources on the same web page.
This page covers how to:
- add a new resource
- edit an existing resource
- capture additional information from the person booking a resource
- control what information about current bookings visitors to your page can see
- Go to your bookings page.
Select Manage resources > Settings:
In the Resources section at the top right, select the Add a resource button to create a new resource. (To edit the details of an existing resource, select the edit button at the right-hand side.)
- In the Add resource pop-up, enter the name of the resource in the Resource name text box. The name displays in a tab above the calendar. We recommend that you use a short name to aid the layout of the resource bookings page.
Type a short sentence in the Resource description text box to add a little more detail. This text displays to visitors in the Make booking pop-up. For example, in the following screenshot, the Resource name is ‘Bruker D5005 (Anywyn)’; the Resource description is ‘Bruker D5005 (Anywyn) with 2016 panoptical zoomifier’:
- It's possible for a slot to have multiple bookings. To enable more than one person to book a resource at the same time, choose a number from the Permitted bookings per slot drop-down menu.
- Specify whether bookings do or do not require approval by selecting the appropriate radio button.
- If you require particular information from the person booking a resource, you can include extra text fields on the booking form to capture such details. E.g. You may require those booking a meeting space to give a title for their meeting, such as ‘Postgraduate reading group’. Under the Booking form options, to add a mandatory field select the checkbox Display this field.
Enter a label in the Field title text box – for example, ‘Title’:
- Optionally, to capture further information in the booking form, you can show another text box. To do this, under Additional information select the Display this field checkbox.
- If you selected this option, you need to inform visitors what information you require e.g. ‘Please state your reasons for booking’. Type the prompt in the Text box instructions field.
- Choose whether to make the Additional information text box mandatory or not using the Make this field required checkbox.
- Under the Booking display options, optionally, choose what information you display to visitors about existing bookings by selecting an option from the Details to display to users drop-down menu. If you choose No details, a booked resource displays to visitors as Booked. You can also choose to display further information e.g. the name and title (if you specified these options in steps 8-9) of bookings to visitors.
- Optionally, to allow visitors to view full details of existing bookings, select the checkbox Allow viewers to view full booking details.
- Choose an option from the Details to display to administrator drop-down menu to specify how much information you wish yourself and any other administrators to see about each booking.
- When you have finished specifying the settings, select the Add Resource button.
Related help articles
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem