When you first create a resource bookings page, one resource is available to book by default. Rather than create another bookings page for a second resource, you can show multiple resources on one bookings page. This can help visitors compare the availability of resources on the same web page.
This article covers how to:
- add a new resource
- edit an existing resource
- capture additional information from the person booking a resource
- control what information about current bookings visitors to your page can see
- Go to your bookings page.
Go to Manage resources > Settings:
In the Resources section, select Add a resource. To edit the details of an existing resource, select the edit button at the right-hand side.
- In the Add resource pop-up window, enter the Resource name. The name appears in a tab above the calendar. We recommend that you use a short name to keep the bookings page layout concise.
Enter a short Resource description to add extra detail. The text is visible to visitors in the Make booking pop-up window. For example, in the following image: the Resource name is ‘Bruker D5005 (Anywyn)’; the Resource description is ‘Bruker D5005 (Anywyn) with 2016 panoptical zoomifier’.
- It's possible for a slot to have multiple bookings. To enable more than one person to book a resource at the same time, choose a number from the Permitted bookings per slot drop-down list.
- Specify whether bookings require approval or not by selecting the appropriate radio button.
- If you require information from the person booking a resource, you can include an extra text box on the booking form. For example, you may require those booking a meeting space to enter an event title such as ‘Postgraduate reading group’. Under the Booking form options, to add a mandatory field select Display this field.
Enter a label in the Field title text box – for example, ‘Title’:
- Optionally, to capture further information in the booking form, you can show another text box. To do this, under Additional information select Display this field.
- If you selected this option, tell visitors what information you require. For example, ‘Please state your reasons for booking’. Enter the prompt in the Text box instructions box.
- Choose whether to make the Additional information text box mandatory or not by selecting the Make this field required checkbox.
- Under the Booking display options, optionally, choose what information you display to visitors about existing bookings by selecting an option from the Details to display to users drop-down list. If you choose No details, a booked resource shows the text ‘Booked’ to visitors. You can also choose to display further information – for example, the name and title, if you specified these options in steps 8-9 – of bookings to visitors.
- Optionally, select Allow viewers to view full booking details.
- Choose an option from the Details to display to administrator drop-down list to specify how much information you wish yourself and any other administrators to see about each booking.
- When you have finished specifying the settings, select Add Resource.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem