Key electronic resources
The key electronic resources for Hispanic studies provides access to secondary critical literature, such as journal articles, books, book chapters and dissertations, as well as to electronic primary sources and reference materials. Particularly recommended are the MLA International Bibliography (secondary sources), Chicano (secondary literature on Mexican Americans/Chicanos and the broader Latino experience), JStor and Project Muse (large collections of full-text journals).
Online help and support
Training materials and guides: Look at the videos on the right for help searching the literature and finding the full text.
If you would like some help finding literature for Hispanic, or managing your citations and reference lists, please contact kate dot courage at warwick dot ac dot uk, the Academic Support Librarian for Hispanic Studies.
To get some help starting out on a literature search, see our video tutorials (right) on creating a search strategy and getting to the full text.
Guides to specific databases
Freely available websites, catalogues, databases and digital collections.
- Biblioteca Nacional de España: catalogues and links to digital collections
- Biblioteca Nacional de Portugal: catalogues and links to digital collections
- Casa Pessoa Museum: The house of Fernando Pessoa houses a large poetry Library and is launching a digital library
- European Library: an online portal offering quick and easy access to the collections of the 48 National Libraries of Europe and leading European Research Libraries
- Europeana: Multi-lingual online collection of millions of digitized items from European museums, libraries, archives and multi-media collections
- Hemeroteca digitale: The Digital Newspaper Library is part of the Hispanic Digital Library project, which aims to bring the collections of the National Library of Spain to the public
- Internet Archive: An archive of digital items, including texts, audio and moving images to give permanent access for researchers, scholars, and the general public
- Iberian Studies Web: designed to provide access to scholarly resources in Iberian Studies (for Spain, Portugal and Andorra). The resources organized here have undergone a selection and evaluation process
- Warwick University Hispanic Department
British Library : European Studies Blog
Keep up to date with the European Studies Blog
Your Academic Support Librarian
kate dot courage at warwick dot ac dot uk
+44 24 765 28151
Any feedback, concerns or questions about the Library? Contact your Library Associates.
Getting to the full text
This video shows how to access full text using WebBridge.